The following pertains to the use of this website. As the party responsible for the data processing (controller), we process the personal data collected via our website and store them for the period, which is required to achieve the specified purpose and to comply with the statutory requirements. The following text informs you of the data we collect and the way we process the collected data. We also inform you about data privacy rights as they pertain to the use of our website.
Pursuant to Article 4 No. 1 GDPR, personal data are all data referring to a specific or identifiable natural person.
- Name and contact information of the person who signs responsible for the data processing (controller) and of the society’s data protection officer
- Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of the Data Processing
- Web analysis with Leadlab
- Social Plugins
- Your Rights as Affected Person
- Information on your Right of Objections according to Article 21 GDPR
- Data Security
- Timeliness of the Data and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
1. Name and contact information of the person who signs responsible for the data processing (controller) and of the society’s data protection officer
This data protection information shall apply to the processing of data on our institute’s website www.synchrone-mobilitaet.de by the controller, the:
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
Hansastrasse 27 c,
On behalf of its Fraunhofer Institute for Transportation and Infrastructure Systems IVI
(in the following referred to as ‘Fraunhofer IVI')
Phone: +49 351 4640-800
Fax: +49 351 4640-803
You can reach the data protection representative of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft at the above address c/o Data Protection Officer or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to contact the data protection officer directly at any time with your questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as affected person.
2. Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of the Data Processing
During your Website Visit
Every time you visit our web pages, our website servers save a protocol of your device accessing our website. This storage is temporary and lasts only until the automated deletion. Our website server saves the following access data until their automated deletion:
- The IP address of the requesting device
- Access date and time
- Name and URL of the accessed data
- The transmitted data volume
The message whether the access was successful
- The used browser and operating system
- Name of the Internet Provider (ISP)
- The referring website (referring URL)
The server processes these data for the following purposes:
- To enable the use of the website (link connection [forward setup])
- Administration of the network infrastructure
- Appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure IT systems and data security commensurate with the available state of the art technology
- To offer user-friendly service
- To optimize the Internet offering
Legal foundations for the above processing purposes:
- Processing in response to a website visitor according to numbers 1-2 Article 6 para. 1, page1, lit. b (Requirement for compliance with provisions of the website user contract)
- Processing pursuant to numbers 3, Article 6 para. 1, page 1, lit. c GDPR (legal obligation to implement technical and organizational measures to ensure secure data processing according to Article 32 GDPR and Article 6 para. 1, page 1, lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests in data processing for the network and information security) as well as
- Data processing pursuant to numbers 4 – 5, Article 6 para. 1, page1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests) - our legitimate interests in the processing of data are based in our desire to offer user-friendly optimized web pages.
After the specified period of 30 days, our web server automatically deletes the above-mentioned data. To the extent that data are processed longer for purposes according to numbers 2 – 5, we will anonymize or delete the data as soon as their storage no longer serves the respective purpose(s).
We use server-side cookies. Cookies are small files, which are automatically created by the browser of the user device and stored in your device (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone or similar device) when you visit our website. Cookies do not harm your computer, and they do not contain viruses, Trojans or other malware.
Cookies contain information pertaining to the specific device which accessed our website. However, this does not give us direct knowledge of your identity.
We also use temporary cookies to optimize the user-friendliness of our website. Your device stores these cookies temporarily for a specific time. The next time you visit our website, our server will recognize your device as prior visitor and remembers your settings and preferences. You will not have to enter these parameters again.
The data obtained with the help of cookies serve us to pursue our legitimate interests as website owners and serve the legitimate interests of third parties according to Article 6 para. 1, page 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you are able to configure your browser in such a way that the application does not store cookies on your computer or always shows an alert before storing new cookies. The complete deactivation of cookies may prevent you from using all functions on our website.
4. Web analysis with Leadlab
For our website, we use the Leadlab service of the service provider Wiredminds GmbH and the company’s pixel counting technology to analyze the habits of our website users. The analysis helps us to optimize our website. The service allows us to recognize which companies visit our website. The data do not enable us to identify users directly.
Without your specifically given explicit consent, neither Wiredminds nor we use the so collected data to identify you personally, and your personal data are never comingled with data under a pseudonym associated with you.
To the extent that the web analysts collect IP addresses, these addresses are stripped of their last control number block upon collection to anonymize the addresses instantly.
You find the data protection statement of Wiredminds on the Wiredminds website.
The provider processes the statistical data based on our legitimate interests in the optimization of our online offerings and our web presence according to Article 6 para.1 lit. f GDPR. Wiredminds processes the data on our behalf, and we have entered into an order processing agreement with Wiredminds. Wiredminds agrees to process the data on our behalf and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Wiredminds also agrees to protect the rights of the affected persons.
In case you reject the collection of data and the analysis of your user activities, please use our opt-out cookie to prevent the installation of our cookies. This will prevent the future collection of data when you use our website. The opt-out cookie in your device works only in the used browser and applies only to our website. If you delete the cookies in the computer’s cookie folder, you have to install the opt-out cookie again.
5. Social Plugins
We use social plug-ins (media buttons) on our website. These are small box-like buttons. Click on them to place the content of our website under your profile in social network sites.
If you click on such a button, a link will be established between our website and the social network to which you subscribe. Aside from the respective content, the social network provider will receive other personal information. This includes the information that you visit our website at that time.
For the integration of the social plug-in we use the Shariff Solution. This solution developed by Heise and c’t prevents your device from creating a link to the social network merely because you visit a website featuring a social plug-in button without clicking on it. This means that a link is only established if a when you click on the social plug-in button.
We integrate the following social plug-in on our website:
a) Facebook Sharing of Facebook Ireland Limited
Sometimes, information is transmitted to the US domicile of the parent company Facebook Inc. This company complies with the data protection regulations of the ‘US Privacy Shield’ and is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Commerce.
Purpose and scope of the data collection and further processing and use of the data by Facebook and your user rights in your relationship with Facebook as well as your ability to influence your privacy rights by changing your browser settings are subject to your privacy agreement with Facebook. Please consult the Facebook Data Protection Statement.
b) Twitter Sharing by the Twitter International Company
Sometimes, information is transmitted to the US parent company Twitter Inc. The Twitter International Company complies with the data protection regulations of ‘US Privacy Shield’. Twitter Inc. is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Trade.
Please find more information on the data protection in the Twitter Data Protection Statement.
c) Google+ Sharing Google LLC
Google complies with the Data Protection Regulations of ‘US Privacy Shield’ and is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Trade.
Please find more information on Google data protection in the Google Data Protection Declaration.
d) Xing Sharing by Xing SE
Please find more information on Xing data protection in the Xing SE Data Protection Declaration.
Based on the agreement according to Article 6 Para. 1, page 1 lit. f GDPR, we use components (videos) of YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Avenue, 94066 San Bruno, CA (USA) (in the following referred to as ‘YouTube’), a company of Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, 94043 Mountain View (USA), (in the following referred to as ‘Google’).
In the process, we use the ‘extended data protection mode’ option provided by YouTube.
Upon requesting an Internet page with embedded video, our website connects to the YouTube servers and renders the content on the Internet page using your browser.
According to the information provided by YouTube, in the ‘extended data protection mode’, your data will be transmitted to the US YouTube servers only while you watch the video. The transmitted data include the Internet page you just viewed and device-specific data including your IP address. By clicking ‘run’ on the video you agree to this mode of transmission.
Should you be logged in to your YouTube account at the same time, YouTube will associate these collected data with your member account. You are able to prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
Google complies with the data protection regulation of ‘US Privacy Shield’ and is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Trade.
You find further information on the data protection in context with YouTube in the Google Data Protection Regulations.
7. Your Rights as Affected Person
You have the following rights:
- According to Article 7 para. 3 GDPR, you have the right to revoke any consent declaration at any time, which you may have given to us before. This has the consequence that we are no longer privileged to continue the respective activity;
- According to Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to demand information on your personal data, which we have processed. In particular, you have the right to information on the following:
- Purposes of the data processing
- The categories of personal data,
- The categories of recipients to which we transmitted/disclosed or will transmit your data
- The planned storage periods of data
- The existence of the right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing and objection
- The right to appeal
- The right to know the origin of data in the event that we did not collect these data
- The right to meaningful and detailed information on the existence on automated decision-making including profiling
- According to Article 16 GDPR, you have the right to the correction of incorrect and/or the completion of incomplete personal data in our storage;
- According to Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to the deletion of your personal data providing the deletion does not interfere with the execution of the right to the free expression of opinions and with the compliance with legal obligations, providing the deletion is not against public interest and providing the deletion does not hamper the enforcement, execution or defense of legal claims;
- According to Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if you contest or challenge the accuracy of these data, the processing of the data is illegal but you reject the deletion of these data and we no longer need the data while you still need the data to enforce, execute or defend legal claims or you have raised an objection against the data processing according to Article 21 GDPR;
- According to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, well-established and machine-readable format or to demand the transmission to another authority and
- According to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to complain to a superior authority. As a rule, you may find such authority at your place of residence, your workplace or our company domicile.
8. Information on your Right of Objections according to Article 21 GDPR
You have the right to object at any time against the processing of your personal data, based on Article 6 para. 1, lit. f GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6, para. 1, lit. e GDPR (data processing based on fair balancing) for reasons, which arise from your specific situation. This shall also apply to the profiling as prescribed by Article 4 No. 4 GDPR, which is supported by this provision.
Once you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can establish compelling evidence, which is worthy of protection and outweighs your interests, rights and privileges, or unless the processing serves the enforcement, exercise or defense of legal claims.
To the extent that your objection addresses the processing of data for direct advertising, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not required. This shall also apply to profiling in as far as it does not relate to such direct advertising.
If you like to claim your right to object, an email to email@example.com will suffice.
9. Data Security
We transmit all your personal data using the generally used and secure encryption standard TLS (Transport Layer Security). The TLS protocol is a proven and secure standard. Bankers use the standard for online banking transactions. You recognize a secure TLS connection by the s following the http (https://...) in your browser URL or by the lock symbol in the lower section of your browser.
By the way, we use suitable technical and organizational safety procedures to protect your data against inadvertent or willful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against the unauthorized access by third parties. We constantly improve these security measures as the technology advances.
10. Timeliness of the Data and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
This data protection information as amended in May 2018 is currently applicable.
Due to improvements of our website and website offers or based on statutory or government standard, it may become necessary to amend this data protection information. You find the latest applicable data protection information by clicking the link on this website https://www.synchrone-mobilitaet.de/en/data_protection.html. You may read or print this updated and amended version at any time.
Should individual provisions of this data protection declaration be or become invalid either in part or in its entirety or prove infeasible at any time, this shall not affect the remaining provisions of this data protection declaration. This shall apply accordingly to gaps in this declaration.